Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Recipe for Liquid Laundry Detergent


I love making my own laundry detergent. It is so much cheaper than buying it from even Sam's and I get to choose what smell I use with this batch. I also have found that adding vinegar to the bleach dispenser instead of bleach keeps me from accidentally bleaching my best shirt but gives me a nice clean fresh smell! Here is my recipe for Liquid Laundry detergent. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Wild Rasmussen said...

Hey I'm going to try this to see if I like it. and where did you say you got the soap bar from??? Very cute blog loving it so gald that you are starting the whole bloging this it haqs been fun for me I hope you enjoy it to.

Winter_FroniterSurvival said...

I found the soap bars at Farmers in Bloomfield. They are in some bins at the end of the isle by laundry soap. They have the Zote bars too and they are even cheaper, I got some but haven't needed to make new soap yet. I'm going to try them with the next batch. Thanks for the complements! I think blogging may become addicting!

Anonymous said...

I, too, am going to try this. I love your page! I'm too chicken to start one. I don't think I could keep up with one more thing. Emailing still does what I want for now! Your family pics are darling! Where did you have them done?

Winter_FroniterSurvival said...

Hi Shauna
Thank you, I thought we looked a little worried! We had the family pics done at walmart. They had a special going on for Christmas.

Yes you should try the soap I love it. Something I have found though, I add Vinegar in either in the clorox or softener dispenser and it makes my laundry so much cleaner and better smelling, and you don't get the bleach spot accidents anymore! lol Its pretty cheap at Sams 2 gallons for $3.oo and some change. I use about 1/2 gallon a month. I ran out the other day and found the clothes just went as clean smelling.